Saturday, September 1, 2018

Make a Move!

“Each moment, each day, each choice, is a test” -Barack Obama, from his eulogy of John McCain. 

That is exactly how we should understand each unpromised breath we are lucky enough to breathe.

When I worked at Fifth Third Bank’s processing center, I had this bulldog of a manager that always stressed a ‘sense of urgency’. It was an annoyance to me at the time, working in a job I was just working to pay the bills, but I internalized that message. Partially because of the level of passion my manager stressed it to me, but also, primarily, because it deeply matched my own orientation towards this brief and powerful flicker of a candle that is our life.


No moment is more important than this one, and the only way to honor that truth is to make a move that disregards whatever our fears may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment