Sunday, January 5, 2020

Humans Driving

A funny thing just happened: I got into the highway, and the guy driving in front of me was going very slowly. It wasn’t super convenient to switch lanes and get in front of him, so I just followed him for a minute assuming he’d pick up the pace. After a few minutes he had not picked up the pace, and the right lane cleared up,  so I moved over. As I passed him, I just happened to look over, and he was already flipping me off. I wasn’t angry, or driving aggressively, or planning to flip him off. I interpret the fact that he already had one in the chamber to mean he knew he was driving like an asshole, and was expecting to get the normal treatment from a fellow driver when you are driving like an asshole. Hopefully my surprised facial expression caused him to reflect upon the way he navigates his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment