Sunday, February 25, 2024

Potato Soup

My son just told me the potato soup I made for dinner last night was possibly the best he’s ever had. I have been making this simple meal for 20 years now, and literally wing it every time. It was really good, but it would be impossible to recreate. I probably should have written the recipe down at some point, but in a world where you can get whatever you want whenever you want if you have the resources to get it, I am actually happy to know that I have shared something with people I love that they enjoyed, and can never be replicated. Which makes that shared experience sanctified in some way. There is no added value better than that. Also, the idea that I perfected something by accident through mere repitition and with absolutely no intent is rewarding too.

No comments:

Post a Comment