Monday, June 15, 2009

How Life Looks In June, 2009.

Reader,

I find myself with very little to write for this blog at the moment. I'm writing a book for my kids in my spare time, and it has proven to be a very fun and rewarding experience so far. I read the boys the new parts as I write them, and they critique and make suggestions. My oldest son walked into my bedroom this morning as I was putting on my shoes with a few pointed questions about some of the main characters in the story, which was fun. My primary creative outlet over the last year and a half or so has been this blog. The more I blogged, the fewer other kinds of things I wrote. I think it may be time to tip the scale back the other way a little bit, at least for a while.

School is out, and I have my degree. No more assigned readings for awhile, no more tests. That is nice. I'm going to have a beer and go cut the grass. After that, I might have another beer, and flip through a book of short stories: Maybe T.C. Boyle, or Ray Bradbury. I am happy. Life is good. Life is short. Go outside and take a deep breath. We don't get to do this thing forever, you know.


I'll be in touch.

Spencer

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation. And also you will also have more time to master the unicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Willie. And yes, plenty of time for the unicycle. Very exciting. Between now and whenever I get a job, I am basically a Mr.Mom with a part-time weekend job. The unicycle will be mastered. Should I put that on my resume?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the circus is in your future, you bet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the summer Spence. I'll keep you bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete