1. Crossing the 'Macaroni Bridge' (as my son calls it) into Cincinnati:
2. My response to every teabagger I meet who wants to argue about our country's economic model and the relative usefulness of various socialist concepts:
So, you think 'socialism doesn't work'?
You mean to tell me that you don't appreciate national parks, the mail service, the fire department, and public libraries? All socialist ideas, you know. How about the 40 hour work week, vacation pay, the police department, snow trucks, child labor laws, and stop lights? More socialism. You mean to tell me that Canada, England, France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, and The Netherlands aren't functioning countries?
I'm not arguing for a pure socialist system, but I will argue that our current mixed-model economic system is worth preserving, even though it is imperfect. We can talk serious economic theory if you want, but I'm not convinced that you're able to go there with me. All I hear in your arguments are simplistic echoes of Sean Hannity/ Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh talking points. They don't reflect independent thought, and aren't even good representations of conservative ideology. Personally, I think you could do better.
3. Roger Ebert is dying, but that is only secondary to the way he is living. Inspiring.
4. It was a Stimulating Stimulus. Reading material for embattled pragmatists. Here.
5. I'm going to see this band with my wife at the end of March. I'm excited. We haven't been to a rock concert in awhile. Portugal. The Man:
6. And, finally, my wife was kind enough to post this video for all of our friends on Facebook to see the other day, so I thought I would extend the damage by offering the video up to the public at large. When you are your own worst enemy, you have a lot fewer corners to peek around, you know?
I had been doing the dishes, but then 'Beast Of Burden' by the Rolling Stones came on the radio. I would like to meet the person that can resist dancing to that tune. Okay, let the seduction ritual begin:
Okay, everyone. Have a great weekend!