Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sheriff Woody To GLBT Youth: 'You've Got A Friend In Me'



When Jen McCreight said she 'held it together until Woody appeared', I thought she meant like Woody Harrelson or Woody Allen or something, but then I swelled up when I realized she meant 'Woody' Woody. That got to me too. Jackie (5 years old)  loves Toy Story, so it was awesome to see him in the 'It Gets Better' campaign; not only because Woody rules, but because his appearance is an indicator that my kids will grow up in a culture that is less likely to isolate and shame people of different sexual orientations, and more likely to say, well, 'it gets better'.

We're sending the right message to our kids.

*Update*

and here is Pixar's 'It Gets Better' video. What a great company:

No comments:

Post a Comment