Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Things

I was going to steal an idea from Molly Gaudry, and make a list (in paragraph form) of things that make me happy, but then I realized that I kind of already did that, and would probably just be heavily plagiarizing myself if I did it again. I can make a few additions to the list however (think of them as bonus tracks) : Unicycles and Slinkies. Very cool things. The Unicycle is self explanatory if you follow this blog at all, but the slinky is pretty new. On the way home from school today, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some ingredients to make vegetarian chili with, and somehow wound up in the store's meager toy aisle. They had some play-dough, some coloring books, a few board games, and two Star Wars action figures (Lando Calrissian and some old guy in a grey suit). But they also had the Slinky. Several Slinkies. I bought two of them in a fit of inspiration, and brought them home for my sons. We spent the evening racing them down the basement steps. What's better than that?


2 comments:

  1. I like that you bought two of them -- one for each. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Willie and I have a Slinky as well.

    Go here for a look.

    ReplyDelete