1.Top Ten State Fair Joys, by Garrison Keillor: Mr. Keillor reminds us why it is good to occassionally savor membership in the throng, the sea, the mass, the country club of humanity.
2. Over, by Dan Ames: A damn good poem.
3.Read Epictetusand become a better person.
4.Michael Pollantalks about the weed:
5. Steven Pinker says violence is declining.
6. Shouldn't you know who Frank Zappa is? It makes me sad when young people's cultural education seems to span entirely from their birth only to the present moment. Why is 'oh, it must be before my time?' an acceptable excuse for not knowing important information? Our bottom-line mentality is surely going to bite us bad some day.
7. Read Lodo Grdzak's most recent 5 part serial 'Staying Calm Amongst Big Dogs And Bitches'. Mr. Grdzak has a patience for the blog series that I do not possess.
8. Fred Hersch (brilliant pianist and Cincinnati native) lays it out with So In Love. Tell'em, Fred: