Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nothing Revolts, part 1

By Spencer & Spencer & Jack Troxell

preface

Hello! I've decided to do something a little bit different this month.. Typically I'll go for ten posts a month (give or take a couple), and this month will be no different in that regard. The only exception will be that instead of posting pieces one at a time, I am posting most of this month's pieces today, because they are part of a series.

All summer long my sons and I have been constructing a story about the end of the world. It has had very many different versions, and I've posted one of those versions below. It didn't work very well as a night time story because it got the kids all riled up because they were always coming up with different funny and inappropriate things to insert into it, instead of going to sleep. Eventually, it just became a running conversation about another world that engaged their imagination and has now been written down.

I hope you like it. It's called 'Nothing Revolts', and is cut up into nine pieces below.

*As a side note, the character of Francis Coffey is a regular in the stories I tell my kids. They like him, so I always try to find a way to squeeze him in.*

No comments:

Post a Comment